Christmas Cheer assures the community they will be there for them for Christmas 2020!
With the recent spread of COVID-19, Christmas Cheer has made some necessary changes to their campaign in order to continue supporting nearly 1,800 families in our community.
Christmas Cheer will only be accepting financial donations this year and wishes to still reach their $250,000 goal. Although typically financial donations only account for one forth of the value of what is donated to families, some local suppliers have graciously offered to afford Christmas Cheer with significant value per dollar donated.
After consulting with the local Public Health Unit, additional changes to the ChristmasCheer campaign for 2020 will include:
- A brand new online applications system
- No physical donations of any kind will be accepted (this includes, food, toys, toiletries, gift cards, handmade items or clothing)
- No volunteer opportunities will be available to the public
- Launch of a new gift card program for all recipients of Christmas Cheer
- New online platform for those wanting to host a virtual fundraiser for the agency
If you would like more information on how to make a financial donation or find out how to create a a personal fundraising page, please visit their website www.christmascheerbarrie.com.
You can also Text the word ‘CHEER’ to 30333, and choose the dollar amount to donate, option are $5, $10, $20 or $25!
If you would like to donate other amounts, you can still donate directly online at www.christmascheerbarrie.com
Help us spread the magic this Christmas season!
Barrie & District Christmas Cheer is proudly supported by our team at BIG 101 and Rama Moccasin and Smoke!